Philippians: To Live is Christ, To Die is Gain
5. Christianity Made Simple (Philippians 3:1-9, Psalm 63)
1. Why don’t we yearn? Why is there a gap between certain ‘great’ men and women, and us? Is there
a gap in your life?
2. Why are we so easily satisfied?
3. The goal is not to be looking good on the outside, but to have our goal be Him. What does that
mean and how does a Christian accomplish that?
4. What are some of the reason we ought to go hard after Jesus?
5. What are the ‘secondary pursuits’ in our lives that distract us from the primary?
6. What are the things that stir your affections for Christ?
7. The author of Hebrews makes the claim that there is sin, and then there are things that hinder
you that are not necessarily ‘sin’ (Hebrews 12:1). What are the things that hinder you that are not
8. How can someone who lives their Christian life as a list of rights and wrongs, move it to a life that
is consumed with Christ?
9. Summarize the teaching of this passage in one sentence.
Memory verse: “Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing
Christ Jesus my Lord.” (Philippians 2:8a, ESV)